Located in the Kinugasa of Kyoto, golden temple, Kinkaku-ji temple (Temple of the Golden Pavilion).
Its formal name is Rokuon-ji temple.
Rokuon-ji is temple of the Rinzai sect Shōkoku-ji school in Kyoto city north district.
Rokuon-ji is famous as a castle architecture of three layers of gilt on the inside and outside of the building.
Reliquary hall has a building that represents the Kitayama culture of the Muromachi period the previous year, the temple was destroyed by fire arson causes in 1950.
The current building is a building that was rebuilt in 1955.
Since 1994, Rokuon-ji has been registered in the configuration assets of UNESCO World Heritage Site “Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto”.
Address: 1 Kinkakujicho, Kita Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 603-8361
Hours: Open today · 9:00 am – 5:00 pm